Thursday, February 5, 2009

Promises

The campaign promise (taken directly from the Obama campaign website):

Sunlight Before Signing: Too often bills are rushed through Congress and to the president before the public has the opportunity to review them. As president, Obama will not sign any non-emergency bill without giving the American public an opportunity to review and comment on the White House website for five days.

The reality: Yesterday President Obama signed the S-CHIP bill only hours after it was passed by the House. Last week Obama signed the Lily Ledbetter Fair Pay Act only two days after it was passed.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Did anyone have any doubt that this campaign promise would not be kept? I am not saying that Obama intentionally lied about this, but I do think that being as green as he is, he had the misconception that he could change the world in a day...not gonna happen!

Anonymous said...

I love how we haven't heard a word of this on the news... but I bet if McCain had won and said such a thing, the biased media would be all over it.

I am so sad for the people of the US, especially kids my age. I can't tell you how many people believe that he is a change from what we've had. I'm sorry, he's just another politician talking from both sides of his mouth and, like Deb said, he has no clue what he is doing.

free hit counter code
free url submission